The University of Otago’s Web Services team is looking for a Social Media Adviser to join them and take the lead in the University’s social media space. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Web Services is a part of the Marketing and Communications Division, and provides the University of Otago’s divisions, departments and research centres with an end-to-end solution in website development as well as being directly responsible for the University’s flagship social media platforms.
In this diverse role, you will demonstrate:
- A deep understanding of what makes social media work for corporate clients and how it can be best used to extend the University’s reach and engagement while protecting the University’s reputation and interests;
- Success with managing and developing corporate-level social media programmes, including the management and implementation of marketing campaigns;
- A history of achieving goals within an eclectic accountability framework;
- Proficiency in the manufacture and platform implementation of rich media (photography, video) to further social media marketing goals;
- A willingness to mentor other social media practitioners who work independently but within University branding guidelines and social media policies;
- High quality inputs on editorial framework: content planning, content creation, syndication;
- An ROI approach to social media management;
- A history of providing advice and insights on social messages and segmentation; and
- An enquiring mind that is interested in trends and emerging best practice in the digital and social space.
Essential to the role:
- A very high level of proficiency in written and spoken English is required;
- Experience developing, maintaining and managing attractive, functional and feature-rich social media platforms;
- Experience in providing innovative solutions to business requirements;
- Successfully managing extensive direct contact with corporate clients;
- The ability to hit reach and engagement KPIs while enhancing the reputation of the University; and
- A profound understanding of risk and risk management.
This position will require you to go well beyond the “cookie cutter” solutions that tend to dominate the social media industry and will give you an opportunity to shine. If you are looking for your next permanent opportunity in a large complex organisation that will offer you the career stretch and challenge along with work/life balance, in what is the lifestyle capital – Otago, then we would like to hear from you!
You can apply here – http://www.seek.co.nz/job/
Applications quoting reference number 1401800 will close on Monday, 17 November 2014.