Tourism New Zealand markets New Zealand internationally as a tourism destination using the 100% Pure New Zealand campaign. We are one of New Zealand’s biggest brands on social media, with a worldwide following of more than 2.5m on our @purenewzealand social channels.
We are seeking a Social Media Specialist who can make a real impact, not only in our Marketing team but on our organisation as a whole. Reporting to the Digital Manager, you’ll be responsible for implementing and evolving Tourism New Zealand’s social media strategy.
As the social media specialist you will:
- Provide guidance and support to our overseas-based marketing and PR teams on how to leverage social media to reach and motivate our target audiences through their paid and earned media programmes
- Grow preference for New Zealand as a holiday destination by creating and curating high quality content on our social media channels
- Ensure a global social content calendar has visibility and buy-in across the organisation
- Build productive relationships with social influencers, content creators and the local tourism industry to drive advocacy for New Zealand as a holiday destination
- Provide support to our China-based team on their tailored social media programme
- Track and evaluate social media performance and trends to optimise our approach and evolve the strategy
This is a one-of-a-kind role within Tourism New Zealand. If you’re successful you’ll be working on a highly successful campaign and have access to some of the world’s leading digital thinking.
We envisage that you will have a proven track record in marketing with at least 2 years’ digital content experience, including social media delivery. You will have been exposed to social media publishing and listening platforms and be able to hold your own as the social subject matter expert for our business.
You will thrive in this position if you can perform as part of a global team with shared goals, managing and influencing to deliver great work. Outstanding communication skills are essential. Not only will you be creating social content, you must have a strong cultural awareness for other countries and their ways of working. A passion and connection to New Zealand is essential and will ensure that you thrive at Tourism New Zealand.
All CVs submitted electronically will be responded to by e-mail. Applications close Thursday 19th March.
Confidential applications can be made to Fiona McCrostie on (09) 306-1369
Please Quote Reference: 21638
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below