Social media is the go-to for cost-effective marketing and has been for some time now. But how do you get the most from it? Especially as each network, from Twitter to Facebook are full of users, content and brands battling for the attention of the users. Here are 5 quick tips to help you rise above the noise and get your brand noticed!
- Content and Context – content is king in the social media world, it’s not just about promoting your product, it’s about creating a community that is loyal and interested in your brand. Where are you putting your content? Tailor your content to where it is being placed, for example – just because it works on Facebook, doesn’t mean it’ll work on Twitter, by all means use the same theme but adapt it to suit the context of where it’s going to be used.
- Audience – know them, love them and understand them. Let them guide what content you produce and how you talk with them.
- Advertise – many social networks allow you to run advertising to help extend the reach of your content. If done correctly, this can be an efficient way of getting your content in front of your target audience.
- Inspire – design your content to inspire people, not in the form of motivational content, but content that is designed to inspire interaction, inspire people to share, like or comment on your content. This can be as simple as asking a question.
- Campaigns – encourage new people to join your community by running regular promotions, the key is to keep the promos in line with your brand experience, for example, give away a product or service of your brands, this way the community can see and experience your product or service. Don’t ever give away an iPad unless you’re Apple. Don’t forget to run campaigns for your existing communities to reward them for being part of your brand journey in social media.
So there you have it. 5 simple tips to get you thinking on how to get the most from your social media, always remember, being social is a huge part of social media, so get social 😉